Spring colored bunnies and blankets

I don't generally think of spring as being one of my favorite seasons, but every year at this time I find myself excited to dig through my bins of yarn looking for perfect petal-pink and grass-green pastels to make into something to fit my mood. Luckily for me I have the newly finished Dutch Rabbits pattern, which perfectly lends itself to some pastel substitutions.

I just love these little guys! They're so bright and Easter-y and perfectly cheery for spring.

I also did one up in a light gray tweed. He's got a great natural look.

All of these little sweeties have been added to the Yarnigans store so make sure to check it out if you need an extra basket stuffer or two. The pattern is also available through both ravelry and my shop.

Lastly, I wanted to share a personal project I've been working on. Baby Yarnigans #3 is due in just a few short weeks, and I wanted him to have something special that I made just for him. I've been admiring all the Sophie's Universe projects that I've seen on instagram for a while now. I knew that I wouldn't have time to make a full afghan, but I took a look over the pattern and figured I could stop whenever I got to a good-sized baby blanket. I ended up crocheting it out of Cascade Heritage and working the instructions through part 6. I just love how it's turned out and I can't wait to photograph it with the baby as he grows. Plus, I figure I can always add on to it as time goes by and he grows into it.

Comments

Popular Posts