Princess Aurora's socks



A couple years ago, the Disney Store came out with their "Animators' Collection" of princess dolls, and my little girl was in love. She's since acquired 5 of them, and they are probably her favorite toys. I have held onto hope since the dolls came out that eventually they would release extra outfits and accessories, but the collection was discontinued this year, so I figured it was time to come up with my own solution. I sewed some quick cotton pajamas for Princess Aurora yesterday, and today I wrote a pattern to make her some thick little socks to sleep in.

Here are my directions for quick doll socks, to fit a 16" doll.

Doll socks

Materials:
Worsted weight yarn
1 set of 4 size US3 double pointed needles
Yarn needle

Directions
CO 18.
Row 1: [K1, p1] to end, join to work in the round.
Rounds 2-5: [K1, p1] to end of round
Rounds 6-10: K
Work the heel of the sock back and forth using "wrap and turn" stitches.
Heel:
K6, w&t
P6, w&t
K5, w&t
P4, w&t
K3, w&t
P2, w&t
K3, w&t
P4, w&t
K5, w&t
P6, w&t
Return to working in the round. I will pick back up my round count with round 11 for simplicity's sake. Now that your heel is shaped, it should be obvious that the first 6 stitches form the bottom of the foot, and the next 12 stitches go across the top of the foot.
Round 11: Knit all stitches
Round 12: K6, k2tog, k8, k2tog
Round 13: K
Round 14: K6, k2tog, k6, k2tog
Rounds 15-17: K
Round 18: K6, k2tog, k4, k2tog
Rounds 19-22: K
Round 23: K2tog, k2, [k2tog] 2 times, k2, k2tog
Round 24: K2tog 4 times
4 stitches remain at the toe of the sock. I like to do a 3 needle bind off, and bind off the stitches at the top of the foot together with the stitches of the bottom foot. However, if you don't know how to do a three needle bind off already and don't want to learn just for binding off 4 stitches, just bind them off normally and use a couple small stitches to close the hole at the tip of the toe and round it out.




Comments

  1. Thanks for this pattern. I modified it slightly, by omitting a few rounds to shorten the length of the foot, to make socks/booties for my 4 year old niece's small baby doll - who lost her socks/booties. Worked out very well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts