Floor registers

The floor registers in my home are one of those little things that have just gotten looked over since the day we moved in.  Perhaps in some former life they were a strange shade of light brown, but now the paint is flaked and they are dirty and rusted (how did they get rusted? I swear they never get wet).
ugly old floor registers
In comes spray paint to the rescue!  A few weeks ago I discovered Rust-Oleum Hammered Metal Finish spray paints while doing a bathroom project (to be blogged at another time.)  I thought that the black color would be perfect for this job, and low and behold, it did the trick.
I wiped the register down with a wet cloth to get the dust off, and then just put on a few coats of the Hammered Black spray.  The texture did a great job of covering up the rust spots and I didn't even need to sand them off first.  All in all, I fixed five floor registers for under $8, as opposed to the $60 I would have spent replacing all the registers with store-bought ones of a similar finish.  


Comments

  1. I was totally agree with you that spay paint was a good option for floor registers. Spay paint give a fantastic look to floor registers and also save lots of money.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts