Fresh plum coffee cake

I love plums, but I am the only person in my house who seems to. When I saw the super-on-sale 2 lb bag of plums, I thought I could finish it before they got squishy, no problem.
Fresh plums, getting squishy.
Of course, I was wrong because two pounds of plums is more than it seems. Instead of waiting until they got completely inedible and throwing them out, I decided to bake with them. I found a recipe for a fresh plum coffee cake, made some changes, and whipped one up.

Recipe after the break.



Fresh Plum Coffee Cake

Adapted from TLC Cooking's Fresh Plum Coffeecake

Ingredients:
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs margarine
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
6 oz Chobani banana-flavored Greek yogurt
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg white
1 egg
1/2 tsp lemon extract
5-6 plums, cut into slices

Directions:
Mix 1/4 flour, brown sugar, margarine, and cinnamon together in a small bowl to make crumb topping. Set aside.

In a mixing bowl, mix together yogurt, sugar, egg white, egg, and lemon extract until well blended. Sift in the remaining 2 c flour, baking powder and soda, and salt. Stir together until just blended.

Grease an 8" square glass baking pan lightly. Spread in the cake batter. Arrange the sliced plums on top of the raw batter, sprinkle with crumb topping. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.



Comments

Popular Posts